Statistical Investigation

LI: to read the numbers, identify the problem and suggest a possible solution.

We performed a statistical investigation to find out the reading status of LS2. With this in mind, we read the numbers of the graphs and my partner and I analysed the data.

We found that a large number of students don’t read for their own enjoyment. We identified the problem and suggested a possibleon.

In conclusion, we were able to find out what the students of LS2 think about reading and we can encourage the pupils to read for entertainment and enjoyment thanks to the statistical investigation.

One thought on “Statistical Investigation

1. Kia ora Bella

Thank you for sharing your statistical analysis on Reading for Pleasure in LS2. My name is Naomi and I am a literacy facilitator with Manaiakalani. I found your findings very interesting and also somewhat concerning. Like you I am keen to see improvement in the number of young people that are are not currently reading books regularly, in their own time.

I really like your plans to include whanau and family in supporting learners to read for pleasure such as borrowing books from the local library. Do you have a book you are reading at the moment? I wonder if there are ways your class can recommend good books to each other to encourage reading.

I look forward to hearing how your class gets on with implementing your proposed solutions!

Nga mihi nui,
    Naomi.